Cool na? :) Now Learn How to create one by Clicking here


Sunday, October 1, 2017

A Special Day

The temple has always been a source of love and strength to me.  In my youth I attended the temple and was blessed by its beautiful spirit.  As a teenager, I drove to temple grounds in search of peace and comfort at difficult times. 

My father also loved the temple.  He faithfully went throughout my childhood and later served as an ordinance worker.  He looked forward to attending the temple and was blessed in mind and spirit by his service.

When my dad was first diagnosed, I worried he would slip away quickly.  Thankfully that was not to be.  On a warm day in May, my dad was in between chemo treatments.  John and I were able to enter the temple with my dad.  During our time there, tears filled my eyes as my heart was so full of gratitude to have the experience of being with my dad.

I knew this time with him at the temple was special as it was unfolding and will always treasure this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment